Holiday gift giving season is here. Many residents will likely have extra large items to discard. Please break down large boxes and use our recycling centers. There are two recycling areas in the community. There are 3 recycling cans inside the dumpster enclosure at the north west enclosure behind the 1008 building. There are 3 recycling cans plus a large 2 yard container inside the dumpster enclosure at the far east end of Chatham Lane.
Bulk items such as furniture, appliances and mattresses must not be placed inside the dumpster enclosures at all ever! Residents must contact the business office for instruction PRIOR to placing any large items for pick-up. Chatham Village rules regarding dumpsters are below.
1. Dumpsters are to be used for typical household trash only.
2. Trash should not be left outside the dumpster.
3. There are 8 dumpsters on site, if a dumpster is too full, do not leave trash outside the dumpster, take it to another that is less full.
4. Large boxes must be cut up to fit inside the dumpster.
5. Large, heavy bulk items such as furniture, appliances or any type of construction debris, including but not limited to, water heaters,
furnaces, lumber, broken concrete, toilets, cabinets etc. may not be placed inside the dumpster or dumpster enclosure.
6. The removal and disposal of all bulk items whether done so by a Unit Owner or a contractor hired by a Unit Owner is the direct
responsibility of the Unit Owner.
7. All costs for removal of any bulk item are the responsibility of the Unit Owner.
8. Owners must contact business office for an approved location to place bulk items prior to scheduling City of Columbus bulk pick-up service.
9. Any owner found to have violated this rule will be fined $75.00 plus the cost to have the items hauled away.